Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Since I changed everything else...


For some different logistical reasons, I decided to create a new blog site for this coming year, so here it is! I have linked to last year's blog on the side in case you want to go back and refresh yourself on what I have done since leaving America 13.5 months ago!

Yes, in two weeks I will have been living in Asia for 14 months. Some random (very random) things I have been missing as of late include garbage disposals, raspberry lemonade, milk, and being awake when sports games are going on.

This weekend (instead of last weekend) I will be going on my bike trip to see the cherry blossoms. We were able to move our trip back a weekend since there were reports of no blossoms being out. It has been warmer this past week, so we are hoping this move worked in our favor. Either way, moving the trip was a blessing in disguise, since I woke up last Saturday with a terrible double ear infection. I had a cold all week and I guess it finally got the best of me. I had to call the foreigner information line to find a doctor near me that was open on the weekend, and ended up paying a whooping 4,500 won for a doctors visit and 6,500 for 5 days (5.5 pills a day) of a prescription.

In other trip news, in mid May we have a three day weekend for Buddha's birthday. About 4 or 5 of use are going to be taking a trip down to Busan. Visiting Busan is one of the big items left on my 'things to do in Korea' list so it will be nice to get that checked off. Also, I booked my plane ticket for my summer vacation trip today! Two co-workers and I decided to go to China for our very short summer vacation (we only get from a Wednesday to a Tuesday this year). China was originally not on my list of places to visit while here since I went sophomore year of high school. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized I would appreciate the experience much more than I did as a naive 16 year old, even if I am seeing many of the same things. Also, ever since that trip I have regretted not spending the extra money to go see the terracotta warriors in Xi'an. So I will finally be checking a goal 8 years in the making off my list! Two co-workers and I will be flying from Seoul to Beijing for about 3.5 days and then heading over to Xi'an for 2.5 days before heading back to Seoul. I am really excited to see new sights in China, as well as re-visit the old, and am already excited to start planning!

Well, I believe that is all the news I have from this side of the world, I will update next week after I return from my bike trip! (If I make it home from the trip alive...we are slated to bike about 19 miles over the two days...something I have definitely not done in recent memory!)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I wanna go biking through blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I wanna go to the Terracotta army!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! New blog! Now keep updating so I can continue stalking!!! :)

    And start planning your next trip to Oxford!

    ReplyDelete